Saturday, April 25, 2015

Back on my Feet!

Finally shook off that damn flu, evidently it has made the rounds here this winter. I will be taking the flu-shot this Fall. 103F fever is no fun.

I badly need to update some things on my main website and will try and do that this weekend. I am raising the price on the Mytuko Cobalt to more accurately reflect the production costs. I hate to raise prices but there was no more getting around it.

I am working on getting the newest production version of the Mytuko Mini finished now too. These are redesigned along the lines of the Mytuko Cobalt and the new knife will be called the Mytuko Mini Cobalt. Seems pretty self-explanatory! The new knives will be ground from the same cobalt alloyed stainless as the Mytuko Cobalt. This steel is a big step upwards as far as edge holding goes from the 1.4116 stainless used the original Mytuko Mini. If anybody is thinking about getting a Mytuko Mini, now is the time as they are just about all sold out and I will soon withdraw the last ones from sale to insure that I retain a few samples for my archive.

Getting good quality leather sheaths made in quantity is a big hassle. If anybody knows a good sattler with experience making sheaths, drop me a line! I have some good guys for making one and twos by hand, but I need a company who can machine sew the parts in quantity.

My new WilkinsGRIP N_Dura4 grips for Spyderco's Endura 4 folder are ready to ship. I have them in Black G10 or Swimming Pool Green G11 ready to roll. Your choice of a matching black or Swimming Pool Green Steel Crossbolt Spacer as well as new screws are included. These grips are really nice too, I have been testing a set for several weeks and they totally transform the knife. You gonna like 'em! Only drawback is the Endura can be frustrating to take apart and put back together. I will be doing a tutorial as soon as I can.

Price is €120 each for orders shipping outside the EU or €142.80 for orders shipping inside the EU.