Thursday, October 6, 2011

New Model: Meet the Mini Thorn Tactical

This is the first new design I've brought out in quite a while. And as the name suggests, it isn't totally new. The original Mini Thorn design is almost 10 years old and remains the most popular hand ground fixed blade I've produced.

The Mini Thorn Tactical is an updated, highly usable knife building on my experience with the original. The knife shown is one of three design prototypes hand ground from 4mm CPM S30V stainless steel. It is -SOLD- and features a matt grey stonewshed finish and removeable rubber grip grommet. The knife is 150mm long, 30mm high and the sharpened section of the blade measures 60mm.

I will be bringing out a semi-production (machine flat ground) version in time for the Holidays crafted from Sandvik 14C28N stainless steel.

The Mini Thorn Tactical is designed for users who like to customize their knives by adding distinctive Paracord wrapping or individual grip scales.

I plan on offering various grip scales for the production knives as an option as well as a Kydex sheath.

Hopefully my CNC mill will be back in operation next week and I can MAKE SOME CHIPS!